Start of the School Year Information
Posted August 15, 2020
On behalf of our Beach Court Staff & Community, we sincerely wish you and your family safety, and positivity during these uncertain times.
We are excited to begin the 20-21 School Year on August 24. The purpose of this article is to provide you the most up to date information on our start to the school year.
- Registration – All students need to be registered online prior to getting access to participate in online learning. Please call our front office at 720-424-9478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you need support.
- Registration Information – You must login to register your child using the parent portal. https://myportal.dpsk12.org
- Material Pass Out Dates
- 2020-2021-ECE-5th grade students will receive their school materials on Friday, August 21 from 9-12 am by last name. Please come to the school for this pickup and remain in your car. If a student has a broken computer, you will need to contact 720-424-9478 to make arrangements for a repair. If you have a new student to DPS, we will pass out computers during this time as well.
- ECE-5th grade students from the 2019-2020 can retrieve items for last school year during the same time. Please come to the school for this pickup and remain in your car. No one will be allowed to enter the building at this time.
- The schedule is as follows:
- 9-10 am Last name A-H
- 10-11 am Last name I-P
- 11-12 am Last name Q-Z
- Please note that yearbooks will be distributed at a later date as the company has notified us of a delay in shipping.
- First Day Of School – Our first day of school is Monday, August 24th. We will begin the school year 100% Online with daily live instruction.
Learning Schedule (Begins August 24)
- Elementary K-5 – Students in elementary school will have daily live lessons on the camera beginning at 8:15 am-11:20 and Monday Through Friday and Specials daily from 12:45-1:30. They will be engaged throughout the morning with live instruction and have time throughout the afternoon to complete independent work. We will also have prescheduled morning sessions to work with students. Staff Office Hours are daily from 2:00-2:30 for questions and support. Students will use the Seesaw Platform. Teachers will begin connecting with you this upcoming week to introduce themselves. Your child will receive his/her invitation to the Seesaw platform. If you need support with your child’s login and username, please call the front office and we will provide this information.
Here is some information on Seesaw:
Bell times have been updated:
Start time: 8:15
End time: 2:45
Back to School Hour (Week of August 17th): This is a time to come and learn more about your child’s learning experience this year!
Monday the 17th: 2/3rd 4:00 and 7:00
Monday the 17th: ECE 4:30
Monday the 17th: K/1 5:30
Thursday the 20th: 4/5th grade 5:00
After School Arts Programming Meeting Wednesday the 19th 6:00
Links to meetings will be added Monday the 17th.
- Daily attendance is mandatory, as grades will be given to all students. Attendance will be taken daily during live sessions including Morning Meeting. If you need support, and advice on this, please contact the front office and ask to speak with our School Psychologist.
We are looking forward to a great year!
Be Yourself! Be Extraordinary!